Microneedling ... coming soon
Skin You Love To Live In
Why micro-needling could be the key to looking younger
There’s always a new treatment that promises younger looking skin.
It's a treatment whereby a device with small needles is pushed or rolled over your face and neck area to create controlled punctures, which force your skin into repair mode. Those with a fear of needles shouldn't discard this technique straight away as, depending on the device used, the microneedle length can vary from 0.5 to 3.0 mm, which is incredibly tiny compared to a traditional needle. And, these devices are gentle enough to be used around the delicate eye area.
What are the benefits of micro-needling?
When your skin starts repairing itself it turbocharges your body's natural ability to produce collagen and elastin, which provides that firm plumpness. “It also helps improve skin texture, reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks and creates a more youthful skin tone,”
The Key Benefits:
- Aids in stimulating collagen production
- Helps to reduce the visible sign of wrinkles and soften lines
- Aids in rebuilding elasticity and tone of skin
- Improves the appearance of sun damage and pigmentation
- Plumps up the skin, reducing fine lines & deep wrinkles
- Improves skin texture
- Reduces the appearance of crow's feet & laughter lines
- Helps to fade acne scars
- Reduces “ice pick” & chickenpox scarring
- Reduces patches of hyperpigmentation
- Reduces age spots & sun damage
- Minimises enlarged pores
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks
- Boosts collagen & elastin fibres by up to an amazing 1000%!
- Reduces “absorption loss”; enhances the absorption of skin serums & moisturisers by as much as 2000%
What should you expect from a professional micro-needling treatment?
The idea of rolling small needles over your skin might sound like torture, but the procedure starts with your face being anesthetised with topical cream and has minimal downtime. “The treatment can be tailored to the specific needs of the patient and can result in just a few hours of redness, mild swelling and erythema/. However, depending on your tolerance levels, these symptoms can last for one to two days.
How many and how often will you need to have a treatment?
“The number of sessions depends on the skin condition, but typically you're looking at 3-5 treatments in 4-6 week intervals with maintenance treatments every 6-9 months
Microneedling can be used on other areas of the body to treat scars, loose skin, stretch marks, skin discoloration and even hair loss.
Unlike IPL and laser therapy, Derma Rollers do not use thermal heat. They are therefore safe for use on all skin types and colours. There is no risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Does it hurt?
The process does not hurt, although you may experience slight discomfort the first time you use the derma roller; this will lessen with each subsequent use.